Have you ever thought of doing yoga? Have you ever thought of doing yoga with puppies?
Take a mid-day yoga and puppy break at Fido! We provide the puppies and the fantastic yoga instructor, Kathy Sitek. You bring a mat, yourself, and a readiness to have a great time with some adorable pups. It’s actually just like a normal yoga class — except puppies roam free throughout the room, spreading joy and providing entertainment. (Sounds pretty amazing, right?) Although the pups are sometimes incorporated into simple yoga poses, their main contribution is cuddles and kisses!
Yoga relieves stress, lowers your blood pressure and helps improve your mood. But yoga with puppies? Double the benefits! You’ll have fun interacting with the puppies that are part of our PAL program, and you’ll help socialize them as well as enjoy their company. Plus, you’ll learn some great yoga postures and stretches! It’s a Win-Win for you and for our yoga pups!
A few things to note:
- We will have puppy monitors, no need to worry about what the pups are up to, just enjoy yourself.
- Don’t bring your favorite yoga mat. Just in case puppies are teething or need to potty and can’t make it all the way outside, don’t bring an expensive mat. We will also have clean-up supplies available and run to your aid if something untoward should happen in the middle of downward facing dog.
- Don’t bring socks, straps, blocks, or anything else with you that can’t be played with by puppies. Water bottles are okay of course, and we’ll have space to set things down like keys and shoes that is up and out of puppy reach.
- Don’t worry about doing TOO much yoga. Yes, it’s called puppy yoga. But probably a better name would be “Puppy OMG-Look-At-That-Puppy-Wait-Is-It-Coming-Over-Yes-It-Is-Wait-What-Did-The-Instructor-Say-Oh-Now-We-Chaturanga.” While Kathi’s ability to stay focused in leading us through an all-levels flow while there are ACTUAL puppies running around is nothing less than heroic, we can’t say the same for the rest of us. While you can get in a full practice in a puppy yoga class if you have a will of steel, you can also spend the entire class sitting on your mat with a puppy in your lap. And either is fine. There’s no judgement in puppy yoga.
- Feel free to take a lot of photos! The use of your phone in most yoga studios is frowned upon. As it should be! You’re there to unplug, not Instagram, after all. But all rules are off in puppy yoga. You’ll want to take selfies with the little fluff balls, videos of their clumsy paws scampering across the floor, and Boomerangs of their adorable puppy yawns. Snap away, my friends.
- Plan on leaving in a seriously good mood. We don’t need to tell you that snuggling a puppy feels amazing. And it’s good for you too! Having pets around has been shown to do wonders for humans — everything from helping to lower blood pressure to improving self-esteem. Plus, since these puppies are part of our Play-And-Learn program, you’re helping them learn new skills and socialize so you’ll leave feeling good about your contribution to their well being as well as your own.
- Let us know if you like it, and we’ll schedule Kathi to come again!
Date: August 5th, 2019
Time: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: FIDO Dog Training23440 Woodward Ave, Ferndale, MI 48220
Book This Experience here: https://squareup.com/store/FidoPersonalDogTraining/item/puppy-yoga