Dog Training Classes in Metro Detroit and Ferndale
About the Class
If your dog barks and lunges at other dogs on leash, this 6 week class might be for you! We will focus on skills to help your dog better be able to cope when seeing other dogs on walks. We will teach you how to manage your dog’s behavior through improved focus, impulse control exercises, and changing your dog’s emotional response from “ugh, other dogs!” to “hooray! Other dogs!” so that walks and outings can be more fun and less stressful for you both.
Answer the following yes or no questions to see if this class is suitable for your dog:
- Has your dog ever been in a fight with another dog?
- Has your dog ever bitten another dog?
- Is your dog uncomfortable with people/strangers?
- Has your dog ever bitten a person?
- Does your dog get in fights with other dogs during off leash play with other dogs?
- Has your dog ever bitten you while reacting to another dog?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions (or if you’re unsure if this class is suitable for your dog) please contact us before signing up for this class.
All classes take place at FIDO in Ferndale. Class sizes are kept small to provide personal attention, so sign up now to save your spot! To register:
- Please review our class rules
- Fill out the Customer Agreement form
- Click a “Sessions/Register” button below to see class dates. Payment is required to reserve your spot in class. We offer a 10% discount when you register for more than one class at a time, as well as a 10% discount for repeating a class with the same dog. Please call us before signing up in either of those cases.
All dogs must have age-appropriate vaccinations in order to attend class. Please see the Customer Agreement for the required vaccinations.
Other Dog Training Classes
FIDO Personal Dog Training offers a wide variety of classes and seminars for dog owners.