Dog Training Classes in Metro Detroit and Ferndale
About our Mindfulness Classes
Canine Mindfulness 1 and 2
If your dog has a hard time focusing and is easily distracted, let Canine Mindfulness take your relationship to the next level. In this class we’ll create a relaxed, ready-to-work energy from your dog, allowing you to enjoy public outings, classes, or even sports with your pup in a way you never imagined. We’ll use the most modern, science-based positive training techniques to get you and your dog into a real “zen” mode that will impress even the most skeptical friend. Canine Mindfulness is right for you and your dog if this describes your dog:
- Dog gets sniffy often when you’re around other people and/or dogs
- Attention seems to wander quickly and easily
- Dog is paying more attention to things going on nearby than to you
- Dog pays listens to you, but often yawns, licks lips, scratches, “shakes it off”, or won’t make eye contact
- Barks and/or pulls towards dogs and objects that he is uncertain about, but can be interrupted with a treat before having a full reaction
- Seems to notice sudden changes in the environment more dramatically than expected, but is able to recover quickly
This class is NOT right for your dog if:
- Dog seems to be hypervigilant, constantly worrying about what is going on around her
- Low threshold, always ready to react to a dog or something unusual
- Has a hard time recovering from a stressful event
- Dog barks and lunges towards unfamiliar dog, and attention cannot be redirected. Dog pulls so forcefully that the person is in danger of dropping the leash, or being pulled off balance.
If you’re unsure, please call or email for clarification. If you’d like to save a little money and reserve your spot, you can sign up for a package Mindfulness 1 and 2 and get 10% off! When you buy a package, you will automatically be enrolled in Canine Mindfulness 1 for the first semester, and Canine Mindfulness 2 for the next semester. These classes fill quickly, so contact us today to sign up with the discount by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 248-607-9350
All classes take place at FIDO in Ferndale. Class sizes are kept small to provide personal attention, so sign up now to save your spot! To register:
- Please review our class rules
- Fill out the Customer Agreement form
- Click a “Sessions/Register” button below to see class dates. Payment is required to reserve your spot in class. We offer a 10% discount when you register for more than one class at a time, as well as a 10% discount for repeating a class with the same dog. Please call us before signing up in either of those cases.
All dogs must have age-appropriate vaccinations in order to attend class. Please see the Customer Agreement for the required vaccinations.
Other Dog Training Classes
FIDO Personal Dog Training offers a wide variety of classes and seminars for dog owners.