We appreciate you filling out the Grooming Customer Agreement, and are excited to see you for your appointment
Please take a quick second to double-check the next steps:
- If you're signing up more than one dog, fill out the form again
- Please be sure to drop your pup off at the appointed time. If you are running late, call! While your dog is with us, we will likely be feeding treats to help him make positive associations with the grooming process. If your dog has allergies or food sensitivities, let us know. We strive to groom each dog “straight through”, so that we can return them to you ASAP. Sometimes they will need a break, though, so the groom might take longer than you are used to. Other factors, such as tolerance to the dryer, can also extend the amount of time your dog is with us. You can help get your dog home quicker by doing handling and desensitization exercises at home. We offer classes and private lessons to help your dog become more comfortable with grooming. Info about here
- Your dog may play with other dogs before or after his groom. If he is not appropriate for group play, say so and we will give him something fun to do in his kennel instead
- After his groom, we will return your pup to you. This is to reduce the amount of time he has to spend waiting in a crate, something that we find causes a lot of stress. The cost of delivering your dog home is part of the grooming fee. For an additional fee, we will walk your dog before he comes home, so you have a clean AND tired dog waiting for you at the end of the day. If you elect to pick up instead, please be at the salon within an hour of your dog’s groom being completed. We really want to eliminate dogs barking in crates, both for their comfort and the stress levels of the other dogs in the salon!
- We will work patiently with scared dogs, and our methods are based on years of training experience. If your dog is especially sensitive, he may require more than one visit to complete a full groom. We encourage you to attend our classes and work with your dog at home to help him become more comfortable with handling. Hang Out days are helpful in desensitizing fearful dogs to the noises and activity of the grooming salon and we encourage you to book them if you have an anxious dog. If your dog cannot tolerate the presence of other dogs, we also offer Solo Grooms.
- Gray Dog Grooming and Fido Personal Dog Training strive to give your dog the best, most comfortable experience possible. If you have any questions about our methods or procedures, please ask!
See you soon!